A Classroom For Learning
Leadership Unlimited (LU) is a planned learning program designed to provide men and women who have demonstrated leadership ability with the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of leadership within the larger Mansfield-Richland area. Using the community as a classroom, participants are introduced to diverse areas of the community as well as a broad spectrum of community leaders.
Leadership Unlimited’s ultimate goal is to build leadership resources within the Mansfield-Richland community. It encourages participants’ entrance into a wider community system of interest to them and provides broader understanding of how various community systems can and should work.
- Identify existing and emerging community leaders
- Acquaint participants with community needs, problems and opportunities
- Provide the opportunity for participants to broaden their understanding of the processes by which decisions are made in the Mansfield-Richland community
- Challenge participants to offer alternative processes for community decision-making.
The Leadership Unlimited Program, which runs rom September to June, begins with a Friday/Saturday orientation retreat, followed by nine monthly workday sessions relating to topics in the community. These sessions cover such areas as:
- Courts and Public Safety
- Human and Health Services
- Culture and Recreation
- Business, Industry, Labor